Tuesday, February 19, 2013

When it rains it pours

Holy moly! That saying couldn't be more true right now. I have always thought of myself as a glass half full kinda girl. I try and see the best in any "bad" situation and let go and let God. Here lately I have come to the conclusion that my body is falling apart. I keep this blog to look back on because my memory is not the greatest and I love going back to see what Hudson was up to two years ago or more. I don't think of it as putting my whole life out there because I really only have a few true "followers" and I consider them friends as well. This has been a struggle for me to "put this info out there" and DO NOT want pitty or poor her. I know things happen for a reason and the good Lord has far bigger plans for me than I do for myself and I hate that I have really questioned that lately. First, Gram is BACK in the hospital, has been for a week and 3 days. She went in for abdominal pain and left shoulder pain. She was later diagnosed with pancreatitis and gallstones. OY. She was admitted and moved up to a room. The next day she was sent down for a CT scan and they found something leaking in her stomach. Long story short, her Dr. preformed emergency surgery to repair the stomach and took out her gallbladder as well. The surgery took a good 3 hours and she was wheeled back up to CCU where she was sedated and put on a ventilator to help her breathe. She was given a heavy dose of meds and had been out since they put her in the surgery room. She remained "out" the next few days. Her vitals were decent and she was still on the vent to help her breathe. She has been taken off the pain meds for about 3 days now and hasn't been able to "wake up" The nurse and Dr. both assured us it is pretty normal for someone her age and given that much pain medicine to be out for an extended amount of time. But 4 days...seems like a long time. Please, if you have any extra prayers, send them her way because now it's just a waiting game.

I experienced my first CT scan yesterday. Not fun, but not too bad. I was more nervous than anything. let's go back a few weeks... I scheduled an appointment with my primary dr because I had been having some issues with my stomach. being diagnosed with Graves' I really don't hesitate anymore to get things checked out. She ran blood work and ordered an ultrasound of my stomach and other organs. The results came back and she was concerned with a "spot" on my liver. Well, that's NEVER a good thing to hear. They wanted o get a better look, so that's when the CT was ordered and I made an appointment. The whole appointment took about an hour and 1/2. I should have results later today or tomorrow. Trust me, I have already given it over to the Lord and just pray everything is normal. Of course my mind has gone 1,000 different ways and I've thought the worst but I'm not letting that get in my head. I'm 29 and feel that I am in great health, I eat healthy, am very active and all of a sudden feel like my body is falling apart. One thing after another.


Other than all this gloomy news, we just got back from our family trip to Ruidoso! It was such a wonderful weekend spent with my two boys. Just what I needed.
                                                                Tubing at Winter Park

The weather was great and Hudson loved snow tubing and feeding the deer by our cabin! A trip to remember for sure.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so don't ever feel bad about putt your info out there!! We are called to all pray for eachother and what better way than letting your friends know what's going on. And I am the same about keeping track. I still love going back over the years and read all blogs, we will be so grateful one day. I am praying for you & your Gram! God's plan is perfect, though it's really really hard to see sometimes. I'm glad you guys had fun in Ruidoso...it's my favorite vacation spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jodi! You are such a wonderful God fearing christian woman. Thankful for your prayers :) Hope you found a daycare and a great home in HTown!

    ReplyDelete