Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bittersweet

I just got a phone call from mom.
Gram's house was listed this morning and within 4 hours, she got an offer..........and accepted. It sold.

Although I am very happy for my mom, this has been a burden from the beginning. She's been so stressed getting everything out of the house, getting it cleaned and going through realtors and what not. She's also had to deal with stress from her brother, my uncle. Being the administrator of Gram's estate, she took on a lot more than she imagined but none the less, handled it like a champ! I could hear the relief and happiness in her voice when she called. I on the other hand, was filled with mixed emotions. So very bittersweet that her house will no longer be "our" house. I haven't been to her house since a few weeks after her memorial service, it's just too much. Knowing that the house will be gone soon leaves a very BIG hole in my heart. (As if it weren't already big enough without Gram)

Here are a few of my favorite pictures in my FAVORITE backyard

 They always talked about life and had the sweetest conversations....
 She would push him in the swing EVERYDAY when she kept him...
 A little fun with the waterhose...
 Easter 2011. Hunting eggs in Gram's backyard
Playing in the mud! She never cared how big of a mess he made.

No comments:

Post a Comment