Tuesday, August 6, 2013

SoCal, So BEA-UTIFUL!

We are back from California! Although, it was great to be back in our own bed, we missed waking up to the sound of waves and the beautiful Pacific Ocean. We were literally 10ft. from the beach and it was a wonderful, relaxing trip for all of us. We bunked in a room separate from the house but connected to the garage. We had a sliding glass door and a bunk bed with a twin at the top and queen at the bottom and Hudson LOVED having his own bed "way up top" This was him the 2nd day on the beach. He took a 2 hour nap after playing in the sand and running from the waves for almost 5 hours!
My dad "won" this beach house in a golf tourney! He got closest to the pin and paid a whopping $500 for 13 of us to stay a week at the beach! An 80 something year old Dr. has owned this house for about 40 years and rents it out. Talk about a prime location for real estate.

This is where almost everyone spent their time. We had 3 wonderful dinners prepared by Daddio, Cody and a few extra helpers at this table. I would wake up in the morning, fix my coffee and enjoy this magical view and breathe in the ocean air. We even did some dancing on this porch! The guys golfed the first morning we were there while we enjoyed the beach! I even got a few runs in through the neighborhood. Cody was busy, he golfed and went deep sea fishing and was always helping my dad cook. (He didn't get to relax as much as we did, sorry babe!)

This is my favorite photo from the trip
Just the 3 of us!!!!!

Dana Point, Ca. We stayed in the Monarch Beach neighborhood and this was our view (from the deck)for 4 days! The weather was wonderful the whole time we were there. Warm and sunny at the beach, cool and comfortable in the evening. Sure do miss those temps...103 is not ideal. We were so sad to leave that we seriously thought about staying one more day. But there was only 1 seat left on the flight home for the following day and Cody had someone work 1/2 a shift already. Boo

Now it's back to the real world, buckling down on our two Step Out walks we have :-/ From here on out is BUSY BUSY!

Before we left on our trip I had a lovely Dr's appointment to reveal that my levels are actually ALL normal! yay! My TSH, T3 and T4 were all in the normal range..that's a big deal because I have been struggling with keeping them in the normal range and we've been changing dosage. FINALLY! For now.. I had met with an ENT to see what my surgical options were just to get my thyroid removed. If my levels hadn't of been normal, I would have already scheduled a thyroidectomy! But since they came back normal, my Dr. suggested, give it another 3 months on the same dosage, come back and get blood drawn, then see what they are. If they have changed any, look at getting it removed. So, fingers crossed, it all stays the same. The good ol eye is still the same. Which is good in a way because I have to be in a "stable" phase for 5 months and then we can talk about decompression surgery to get it back to normal! Normal, yay, what does that even mean??? Crazy ol thyroid!

In the midst of all this, I am planning a 4th birthday for our baby! BABY, he should still be a baby :(
He's so BIG! So SMART and so HANDSOME! I'm so proud of the little man he has become.
                                                                       XOXO











2 comments:

  1. Looks like yall had a wonderful time! Cant believe Mr H is going to be 4?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CRAZY!!! Kinda like your life right now huh Stacey? When will ya'll officially be Midland residents? :)

    ReplyDelete