Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dr.

I think I've been to the dr. more times in the last year than I have been my whole life. Whew. I have a consult with Dr. Traxel today. He's an ENT (ear nose and throat) Dr. Hopefully he can give me some answers and we can see if my thyroid is going to be removed. I've been on Methiamolze for almost 9 months and just recently had to change my dosage two times in 6 weeks. My thyroid is just not cooperating. I have talked to so many people who have had theirs removed, some have had a struggle getting their synthyroid meds just right, some have had no issue and they've said it's the best thing they have done. So.......prayers would be greatly appreciated :))

I follow a group on FB called Graves Disease & Thyroid Foundation and they post so many great articles and information. https://www.facebook.com/GDATF?fref=ts
Yesterday, not even 10 min after I scheduled my appointment with Traxel, they posted "Thyroidectomy and vocal cords" I read the article and really shouldn't have but need to know what ALL that can happen during and after surgery. Basically, if the Dr. isn't careful, I could lose my vocal cords and VOICE! He's the best in town and has done 2 surgeries of people I know and everything has been just fine. Eeeeeeeeeekkkk
I am so a "what if" person! 

More to come...

3 comments:

  1. Crazy how much our little thyroid affects! It's nuts! I'll be praying for you. I bet he will know what will be best for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is. Never even knew what all it did before being diagnosed. Thanks for the prayers :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its unreally how many people I know with thyroid issues! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete