Tuesday, June 11, 2013

VACATION!!!

I looove going out of town. I have been traveling since I was 5 months old. I was one of those kids that racked up frequent flyer miles on Southwest with those huge buttons with all my information on it in case I got lost. Perks of divorced parents I guess. I was constantly on the go visiting my dad. He lived in Houston for a while, Austin next and then California. I am so glad he ended up somewhere warm and with beaches and fun things to do, I LOVE CALIFORNIA!! Having my dad in Cali has been so wonderful. I remember visiting and going to the beach, the zoo, seeing places I had seen on tv, and just being in awe of all the palm trees. When I was about 11 or 12 I remember renting a house on the beach and staying for a few days. Living 24/7 on the sandy white beach, playing in the Pacific, never wanting to go inside and sleep! We get to experience that with Hudson soon too! My dad has rented a beach house in Newport Beach, CA and we are all going in July. Usually when we visit in the summer, we get a day or two at the beach because my dad lives in the dessert of Cali and it's a 45 min drive. This time, we will be falling asleep on the beach and waking up on the beach. Have I mentioned, I LOVE THE BEACH.

Newport Beach

July is a busy month. I am taking Hudson to my friends lake house on LBJ for the July 4th holiday. I get a super long weekend so we are going to celebrate at the lake. Poor Cody has to work 2 of the 4 days we'll be there :( So it's just me a little man and we may be camping under the stars :)

The following week, Cody's Aunt, Uncle, Cousin, his wife, their two kids, Cody, myself, my MIL and Hud will all be going to Sea World and the river walk. It's a mid week trip and we'll only be there for 2 days but I think we'll all have a great time. When Cody was younger, he and his cousin Scottie would go on fun trips (they are 2 years a part, so they were very close growing up) and his aunt and uncle wanted to do the same for Hudson and his cousins. Aaron is 11 and Ryan is 9 and they are seriously Huds favorite people!! They are so great with him too.

Then it's our Cali trip!! Can't wait. What fun things are you doing this summer??? While planning these fun getaways, I am also trying to plan a 4 year birthday party for Hud!!!!!!! I can't believe it. Where has time gone?

3 comments:

  1. THATS A FULL MONTH OF TRIPS!! I have a ton of family in CA, my aunt has a beach house on Newport beach when ever we visit her that's where we stay, so jealous! Cant believe lil man is about to be 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! I'm super jealous of anyone taking trips this Summer! I just want to take a simple trip so bad but our lives are CRAZY right now :( Have fun on all your trips!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I've never been to Newport but I'm loving looking at the pics on Google, so beautiful! Any restaurants, shopping, sight seeing we must see?? Jodi, I'm sorry! Ya'll must be going crazy with the move :( Take an impromptu vacay, just pack up and leave!!

    ReplyDelete