Friday, April 25, 2014

Baby Emerson

Today I am 17 weeks and ? Seriously. I have lost count and I have changed my Baby Bump app on my phone about 14 times. My actual due date is October 2nd. MY BIRTHDAY! But since we are scheduling a c-section, my doctor wanted to do it a week early on September 25. Our last sonogram the baby was measuring a few days bigger so for some reason I just thought I was further along. Pregnant brain is legit. Anywho, I saw my dr. last Tuesday and I just KNEW I'd have a sono done. WRONG!!! The nurse told me they won't do one until 20 weeks. Wahhh, dreams, crushed. She did bring in one of those dopplers that find the babies heartbeat. She moved it around a few places and NADA. I was terrified and I guess she could see that. She told me not to worry and that it happens all the time. She tried again with no luck. So she called the Doctor in and he said don't panic, it could be the way the baby is positioned. I'M PANICKING!! He moves it around and nothing. My heart rate rises and he detected it on the thing but no babies. He tried again and pushed harder. At this point the tears are about to roll. And of course this appointment was one of the few that Cody didn't make. So he wheels in the portable sono machine and BAM! Little Emi's heartbeat. A whopping 146 BPM. Thank you Lord. I immediately start saying a silent prayer!  I also mention that we had an early gender sono at 15 weeks and I wanted confirmation SHE actually was STILL a GIRL! He assured me that if I saw the 3 lines (which I later found out is a females labia)she was still going to be a girl but we couldn't confirm until my next visit. WHICH IS 4 WEEKS AWAY......So now we just wait another 4 weeks before we can really tell. Did I mention, I am not a patient person?!?

I really have felt great this whole pregnancy. The 1st trimester was a little rough but no morning sickness at all. The 2nd trimester has been a little different with this one as opposed to being pregnant with Hudson. My hips and knees have been throbbing at night. I must flip from side to side at least 20 times a night. I have a small pillow that does help that I put in between my legs but my goodness, the pain is crazy. I feel like I have 80 year old joints.  Other than that, doing great!

We just purchased Hud's cap and gown for pre-k graduation! I may have shed a little tear. I can't believe he'll be in kindergarten this year. I am so very proud of the little guy he has become and I am so thankful for Wee Care and the knowledge and love they have shown him. And can't forget about Gram teaching him for 2 years!!


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh I remember freaking when I was rushed to an Amarillo hospital at 11 weeks and they called in a million people to find the heartbeat...ugh worst feeling ever! If there were 3 lines then no doubt it's a girl! Little hamburger ain't going away :)

    ReplyDelete