Friday, August 15, 2014

5 1/2 weeks left!

Holy moly. Although at times it seems like I have been pregnant for years ;) ...it has FLOWN by! It's crazy to think that in 40 short days we will be welcoming our baby girl!! We are scheduled for a c-section on September 24th (not sure what time yet) I am getting a little overwhelmed. I was recently promoted to Special Events Manager at the American Diabetes Association and for 2 months I was all on my own doing the work of two people. We finally hired someone on Monday of t his week and she has been such a God send! No I am able to focus on fundraising and putting two walks together. One of which I will miss completely because I'll be on maternity leave. Not only am I stressing with the walks but my BABY, my sweet little brown eyed handsome little guy will turn 5 at the end of this month and will start KINDERGARTEN!!
We finally got a call from one of the magnet schools we applied to. We were on the waiting list for two and pretty far down on one of them and I had written them off thinking we weren't getting in this year, better luck next year. Then I got the call that said they had a spot!! We'll be starting at Washington Math and Science magnet school and I am so excited.  School starts in less than two weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing how we handle a new born and one in kinder! Our mornings will be very interresting.
For Hudson's 5th birthday we decided to take a family trip, just the 3 of us before we become a family of 4 to Great Wolf Lodge. We have never been and I think we could ALL use a little getaway. 

My dad is in town for the weekend!! He had business in San Antonio and decided to extend his Texas trip and come see us :) Watch out Midland!
Let the fun begin

Two weekends ago my mom through me a "Sprinkle" a small version of a baby shower. I knew my MIL and some of her friends and co-workers (who through my shower last time with Hudson) were going to host a shower so we decided to have a smaller one with close friends. OH EM GEE, little girl stuff is so fun! So much pink and froo frooy stuff. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends. Emerson is already spoiled rotten :)


Hope you are all having a wonderful summer, or what's left of it!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment