Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March Maddness

Well March sure is "coming in like a lion!" We have completely gutted our kitchen due to a slab leak behind the sink. Not only was the leak in the kitchen, it made it's way into the laundry room. Cody and I had been talking about re-doing the kitchen anyway because it was very outdated and just didn't mesh well with the rest of the house. Of course, we didn't plan on "re-doing" it so soon and we were going to have to take one step at a time!! An insurance agent is coming out Friday to look at the damage and hopefully be kind and give us what we need to replace everything!! Cody and I went to look at granite yesterday for counter tops. WOW. That stuff is pretty crafty and very expensive. Luckily Cody and his dad have been in the home re-modeling business for a while and we have "hook ups" =)


Our lovely kitchen


some of the granite we like

Such amazing weather we've been having lately! Minus the WIND! When the weather is nice Gram takes Hud on strolls around the neighborhood, he loves looking at everything!!!


Strolling with Gram


Silly boy! In Mia's sunglasses


sitting in a big boy high chair..trying to eat my phone!

Hudson has been so entertaining lately. Talking and giggling up a storm. Blowing bubbles and spitting. He is so sweet. He will probably be crawling soon. He gets on all fours and army crawls and scoots all over the place. He hasn't mastered the concept yet but soon enough I'm sure. He's already 6 months and 2 weeks. Where does time go? He has picture with Mallory on the 20th. I'll be in Houston but Mia is taking him and I am so looking forward to what she has in store. She's been taking his pictures since he was in my belly ;-)
I leave for Houston on the 18th to see Jewels and go to the Houston Rodeo for Eli Young Band. So stoked. I haven't been to Houston or seen some of my girls that live there in so long.

I'm staying pretty busy with work this month as well. We have 3 school walks this month and Diabetes Alert day is the 23rd. I love my job more and more everyday. I really feel like I'm playing a part to find a cure and get the message out there that diabetes is a serious disease. If you know anyone who has diabetes, Type 1 or Type 2, please refer them to us. You can call my office at 570.1232 or email me at aquintana@diabetes.org.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment