Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

What an amazing trip we had! Hudson did so well on the plane ride to Houston and then to California. I at least thought he would sleep the majority of the 3 hour flight to LAX, but NO. He finally passed out about 15 minutes before we landed. We ended up at LAX at 9:00pm (11:00) Texas time. 4 hours, mind you, after his normal bed time. We then had a 45 min drive to Palmdale. He slept maybe 20 min of that. Got him to Dad's and put him in his jammies and he fell fast asleep. Slept through the night only waking at 5:00am (7:00) Texas time. I gave him a bottle, back in bed with us and he was out for another 2 hours!! We then packed a car load for our 3 hour ride to Mammoth. What amazing scenery. We passed trough the Sierra Nevada's


the Mohave Dessert



and stayed at an amazing cabin



The mountain was so unbelievably beautiful the day we skiied/snowboarded



Hudson loved the snow. We took a few pictures outside the cabin on our last day there and everytime he got close to it, he stuck his hand out and pulled it back super fast because it was so cold.



Flying with an infant scared me to death. I didn't want to be one of those parents whos kid was screaming bloody murder. I was afraid his ears would hurt and he'd throw a fit but he was an angel!!! The altitude didn't seem to mess with his ears one bit. I'm so glad Cody was there to help, I couldn't have done it without him. We traveled with a few babies on the plane back home from LAX to Houston. A 4 day old little girl. She slept the whole way but goodness, that couldn't have been a good idea.


My lil traveling man. First plane ride @ 5 months. Following in Mama's footsteps. (I flew to Canada when I was just 3 months)

This was also Hud's first Valentine's Day. He spent the whole day on a plane but had the biggest grin..


melts my heart<3

No comments:

Post a Comment