Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Oh me Oh my!

What a week it has been ALREADY and it's just Wednesday! This past weekend Hudson and I had a play date with Macie & Parker, mommies Megan & Jodi. Hud was a little fussy. One I had to wake him from a nap right before so we wouldn't be late, two, it was early signs of him getting the dreaded RSV virus =(
He had a small cough right when we got back from California. Cody & I both figured it was just him adjusting to the different weather. He never ran a temp and never acted like he felt bad. Come Monday, Gram called and said he would NOT nap and wasn't hungry. That is not at all like my child. He loves sleep and LOVES to eat. I called Dr. Reese and made an appointment. When I got to Gram's he looked so exhasted and so so very sick. All he wanted to do was fall asleep on my shoulder. When we got to the pedi's office, she checked his ears and said they were pretty red, checked his throat, and did the most unbearable (but nessacary) thing ever...stuck a small stick like thing up his nose and made him scream like crazy!! She then took the stick like thing and tested it for RSV. Here I was crying because my baby is in pain thinking there was no way he had RSV. Only babies in daycare get RSV right??! NO. She said the results were very faint but he indeed had it. Luckily we caught it early and didn't have to go to the hospital like so many poor little babies. Rushed to HEB to fill his perscritption and took him home to give him some serious TLC<3

We were in for a very long night! My mom came over for a while and stayed with us. Cody was on shift and was very worried. I knew I couldn't handle this all by myself so he said he was headed home. Thank goodness. We did the whole shift change thing. He slept that night while I was up with Hudson ALL night. He slept maybe a total of 2 hours in 15 min. interavals and just felt horrible. UGH. I just wanted to take it all away and make him feel better. Cody took over the morning shift and I got a few hours of sleep in. Enough to function any way. I could definetly tell he felt better that day. He actually took a 2 1/2 nap, ate more, laughed and played & his fever broke!! Today he seems so much better. Now only if I could get the coughing and wheezing to go away. Not to mention the snow day we got yesterday!!! Snowed 4-5 inches in some places and work was closed!!! Our weather is so crazy.

Parker, Macie & Hudson


Sick lil bebe =(


Laughter is the best medicine! Feeling better

No comments:

Post a Comment