Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 3..

Well, Day 3 of Daycare......and we're still a hot mess! We had such a wonderful Tuesday though. Cody met us at the daycare when he got off shift and said good morning to Hudson. He wanted to see his class and meet his teacher. Maybe that was a bad idea for both of us to drop him off and abandon him =( 
He screamed bloody murder. Cody grabbed my hand and basically pulled me away. We watched him on the monitor and maybe 5 minutes after he was ok. He sat down at one of the tables and it looked like he had picked up a toy and started playing. {{happy heart}}
When I picked him up he was playing in the jungle gym they have inside so I peeked around the corner and watched him play for about 10 min before he saw me. Cutest thing ever: "C'mon mom, come play!" Is what I heard. So his teacher let me in the gate and I watched him play and interact with the other kids. I even entertained a little boy with a game of peek-a-boo for a few seconds! His teacher told me he was a helper today and helped her throw the trash outside. As they were walking, an ambulance passed and he yelled "Ambulance!!" She was amazed that he knew that word. I told her his daddy was a fireman so we practiced those words frequently. =))

After we left we went and got him a haircut. I asked if was ready for daycare tomorrow and surprisingly he said "yea"
Well.... after getting ready this morning and not even mentioning daycare, as I was getting ready he clung to my leg and looked up at me and said "no daycare mama"
SERIOUSLY!!! What am I suposed to do with that? So I avoided the statement and put him in his car seat. As we drove off he asked "where we go mom" I said daycare baby to see your friends and it broke my heart to hear him say NO!

Tears again today. Although 3 other little ones also had tears this morning. Maybe they can all ban together and form a support group ;-)
But I watched on the monitor again for a few minutes and he was fine. I checked on him a little before he went to the cafeteria to eat and he was playing with another kiddo, so that eased my heart a little.

I catch myself looking at the clock to see if it's time to leave and pick up my boy! With every day I know it will get easier. Thank you Lord for that calming feeling.

XO.

No comments:

Post a Comment